Apple’s Verified Photography System
-
Apple just released a system called “Reference Image.” It can verify the
image is exactly as taken by an iPhone—new models only—without tying it to
a spe...
MFA Passed. The Attacker Still Got In.
-
*MFA to Passkeys in Microsoft Entra ID series · Part 1 of 7
As long as I can remember, "turn on MFA" has been the single most repeated
piece of identity s...
Overview of Content Published in September
-
Here is an overview of content I published in September: Blog posts:
b’Update: search-for-compression.py Version 0.0.8′ SANS ISC Diary entries:
YARA 4.5.0 ...
הגליון המאה ותשעים של DigitalWhisper שוחרר!
-
הגליון המאה ותשעים של DigitalWhisper שוחרר!פורסם ב- September 30, 2026
05:07:46, על ידי- cp77fk4r
ברוכים הבאים לדברי הפתיחה של הגליון ה-190 של DigitalWhi...
AI-Assisted Malware Analysis Tips
-
An AI agent can amplify a malware analyst's skills, but the analyst must
direct it and verify its findings. These tips cover how to split the work,
set up ...
BestAV (Fake Antispyware affiliate) exposed
-
Hello everyone, it's been a while.
One of the first affiliate systems I ever infiltrated was BestAV, back in
2011, the same year I started XyliBox.
Over...
Andrew Hay’s 2025 Cybersecurity Predictions
-
As we approach 2025, the ever-evolving landscape of cybersecurity continues
to challenge professionals and organizations alike. Based on observed
trends an...
What a lovely sunset
-
Oh, hi. Long time no blog, eh?
Well, it is time to sunset this blog, I will be deleting it in the next few
weeks.
So long, and thanks for all the fis...
Simple PHP webshell with php filter chains
-
Recently found an LFI in a PHP application and one of the cool things I
learned about recently was PHP filter chains. More info here:
https://www.synacktiv...
Random CSO Musing
-
One of the biggest challenges of running a security organization is
balancing the ongoing efforts, with strategic directions, all while keeping
the “pressu...
Lucky Break
-
One of the things I do from time to time is throw out an open ended
question on Twitter. Sometimes I’m making a point, sometimes I just want
to amuse myse...
Indonesian Spam Communities
-
In our last post we tried to shed some light at what seemed to appear as a
very common PayPal phishing email at first glance, but evidently turned out
to b...
CoalaBot : http Ddos Bot
-
CoalaBot appears to be build on August Stealer code (Panel and Traffic are
really alike)
I found it spread as a tasks in a Betabot and in an Andromeda sp...
Big Changes Around the Corner for the IoT
-
The IoT is transforming before our eyes due to increasing regulations,
growing demand for security standards and advancements in the telecom
industry.
T...
ROOTCON 10 Capture The Flag Statistics
-
During ROOTCON 10, we introduced a new dedicated track for our Capture The
Flag, with the comfortable CTF tables and chairs the game was well
participated ...
Dridex Down Under
-
Raytheon | Websense® Security Labs™ has been tracking malicious email
campaigns associated with the Dridex banking Trojan since 2014. An
interesting deve...
Forensic
-
אחת מהבעיות העיקריות בביצוע תהליך FORENSIC הוא לאחר ביצוע תהליך שיכפול ה -
Harddisk (על פי כל התקנים של שיכפול ביט אחרי ביט), היא לבצע מחקר על *מחשב
חי...
TrustKeeper Scan Engine Update – February 4, 2015
-
The latest update to the TrustKeeper scan engine that powers our Trustwave
Vulnerability Management product (including both internal and external
vulnerabi...
RSA Announces End of RSA Security Conference
-
Aims to bring clarity to cloudy marketing messages through exhibit hall
chotskies Bedford, MA., – April 1, 2014 – RSA, the security division of
EMC, today ...
botCloud – an emerging platform for cyber-attacks
-
Hosting network services on Cloud platforms is getting more and more
popular. It is not in the scope of this article to elaborate the advantage
of using Cl...